Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

28 Weeks

I am 28 weeks pregnant. This is when I gave birth to Carter and Grayson. It's all very surreal. I can't imagine what I would do if I went into labor right now. I am so mentally, physically, and emotionally not ready to have this baby yet so he needs to stay put for another 12 weeks so I can clean, organize, and prepare for his grand arrival. I think a lot about Grayson lately. I keep wondering if this new baby is going to look like him and I am torn on whether I want that or not. Part of me wishes yes so I can see what he would look like as he grows up but part of me wants to treasure Grayson as special and different and I don't want to feel like this new baby is a replacement. I have clothes and toys that were meant for Grayson and I still don't know if I want to keep them boxed up or let his new baby brother have them. I guess only time will tell.

This week has brought about many changes--we are living in our first house! It was really one disaster after another but we managed to get through it and are very happy here. I promise to post pictures as soon as I feel our house is up to par. Right now it looks like a war zone.

The other night Dave and Carter and I were eating dinner together as a family and I realized that in a few months it will never just be the three of us. That makes me excited but I also want to cram in as many fun-filled memories as I can of just the three of us, as I know that once this baby comes, Carter is in for a shock that he is not the absolute center of everyone's world. He is growing up so fast and he talks all the time now. He is so much fun to be around and is such a wonderful little boy. His new phase is being obsessed with all things naughty. He loves to read stories about kids being naughty and he has now started biting and pinching us (which I am NOT happy about.) He doesn't do it to be mean or out of spite. He does it with this sly smile on his face where in slow motion he will reach out to pinch me and say, "Ow." He finds the things that are off-limits and says, "No, no no!" or "Naughty!" and then proceeds to continue doing them. Sigh. He tests my patience daily but I guess that is the life of a toddler.

Here are some pictures from tonight. (You can get a mini sneak peak of my new kitchen and my giant belly!) Dave was using the vacuum to clean and decided to try it out on Carter's hair. It left him with a crazy mohawk!



0 comments:

Post a Comment