Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

We Had a Holly Jolly Christmas!


Archer's face says it all, right?
We had such a great Christmas this year. It started with a trip to visit my Dad and Mary and the boys got to play with their sweet girl cousins that just loved up on them. We ate delicious prime rib dinner and just played toys and relaxed. We came home on Christmas Eve and baked some Christmas cookies for Santa, then got in some snuggly pajamas and went to bed. Santa was pretty clever this year. All the presents he left were wrapped in Santa wrapping paper and they were to both Carter AND Archer. Santa knows that the boys love to share their toys. (Not sure how much longer Santa can get away with that!) Santa brought the boys a LOT of new trains and a new car track. So far it has provided hours of entertainment so it's been awesome. My mom, brother, Grandma, and Uncle came over for Christmas brunch and then we headed over to Dave's parents house for dinner and more presents with Uncle Brandon, Aunt Jackie, and the cousins. Our kids were exhausted and were in bed that night before 8pm.

Dave and I bought each other a joint Christmas gift this year--we painted our house! I will take some pictures soon. I am so in love with it... I smile every time I drive down our street and see it!

Carter was totally into the spirit of Christmas this year. He was so excited for Santa to come to our house and he was such a big helper with decorating, making cookies, making and painting ornaments, and getting things ready for Santa. The Elf on the Shelf tradition was started this year too (whenever I could remember!) but I think it will be more fun next year. All in all it was a fabulous Christmas and by far one of the best I have had in years!













0 comments:

Post a Comment