Monday, January 16, 2012


We finally got Disneyland annual passes again and took the kids for the very first time on Sunday. Dave and I love Disneyland and have so many fun memories there since we have had annual passes for many years but the last time we went was on our anniversary in 2010, so almost exactly 2 years ago. I felt a little nervous about the day and wondered how it would go. It was absolutely perfect! It was raining when we arrived which was a bummer but as soon as we got to the entrance it stopped and didn't rain at all until we got in the car to leave that night! Our original plan was to go early and come home after lunch so the boys could nap in the car but after Pirates of the Carribean (yes, I took my 2 month old baby on it despite feeling a bit anxious about it. He snuggled up against me in the baby carrier and slept through the whole thing so whew!)... after the ride both boys fell asleep immediately so Carter napped in the stroller while we ate a very leisurely lunch and when he woke up, he was ready to explore some more so we ended up staying till 6pm. (I don't think I have ever in my life been that exhausted!)

Carter loved Disneyland but did NOT love the characters. He was fine when viewing them from a distance but did not want them to touch him (You will see his reaction when Donald Duck touched his hand!) Dave took Carter on the Roger Rabbit ride and we did a few rides in Bugs Land. We ate a lot (at least Dave and I did!) and walked around both parks. I took Carter into Mickey's house, which he liked but I think he was a little nervous to be around so many people. I think his absolute favorite was the animation room in California Adventure. They have different containers with cartoon pictures that you can spin and watch them animate (kind of like a flip book.) He was in heaven!

Aimee and Torrey met us there to help wrangle our little monkeys and Archer loved being carried and snuggled all day instead of sitting alone in the stroller. As we left, we shared a cup of hot cocoa or as Carter likes to call it "coffee." He took a big swallow and shouted DEEEEWICIOUS. What a way to end a perfect day. When we got home I was so tired and I thought for sure that Archer would be up all night since he slept most of the day but to my surprise we both fell asleep at 8:30PM and didnt wake up till 1:45AM. It was glorious!

I can't get enough of the picture below. I laugh every time I look at it!

So apparently when there isn't a mirror around, Carter likes to have heated conversations with his shadow:

It's days like yesterday that make me realize how much I adore my family and how wonderful my life really is and how much I have to be thankful for.


Eve said...

I am just a little jealous! Looks like you had a fab time.x

Post a Comment