Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Dave!


We didn't manage to do much for Dave's birthday but we did have a few sweet moments. He got to wake up and snuggle with two adorable boys who were well behaved all day (that was definitely a gift to us both!) Carter helped me bake a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and we made chicken fajitas for dinner. Then Dave, Carter, and Archer had a little dance party. After cake and ice cream, the kids and I went to bed. Dave got to watch basketball in a quiet house (that's a first!) We are planning on going back to Disneyland soon to really celebrate. I can't believe my husband is *gasp* 32 years old! Where does the time go?! I captioned a program on marriage yesterday that really spoke to me. The main message was that while it is important for wives to love their husbands, it is just as important for wives to respect their husbands. I got a little teary because I do respect my husband and I guess that makes me a lucky wife! I respect him as the leader of our family. He is an awesome husband and a wonderful father and I am still overwhelmed with love when I think about him. I miss him all day when he is at work and am so excited to see him walk through the door every night. Love stories are not just for books and movies... I feel like I am living my own love story each and every day. Cheesy, yes... but happily true.


0 comments:

Post a Comment