Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Birthday!







Tuesday, November 17th: At 10:15 AM, Carter Francis Hill was born, at 2.1 lbs and 13 inches long. At 10:17 AM, Grayson Hunter Hill was born, at 2.5 lbs and 14 inches long. They are healthy and strong, despite being born at 28 weeks. They are living in the NICU at Saddleback hospital, where they will stay for probably 2 months, until they can come home.
Things happened so fast that I can barely even believe that this is all a reality. I was in labor starting around 10:00 PM Monday night, while on hospital bed rest. The nurse gave me shots to stop the contractions, and they did manage to slow down a bit. I was in a lot of pain but didn't really believe it was labor. I was in complete denial. Around 8:00 AM, the doctor came in and was going to start a different drug to stop the contractions, since by then they were very intense and regular. She checked my cervix just to see how things looked and Carter (Baby A at that time) was ready to enter the world! I had just enough time to call Dave and by the time he arrived at the hospital, I was being prepped for my C-section. I think I was still in denial that it was happening!
Despite having a C-section, their birth was a positive experience and although I was angry at myself for not being able to stay pregnant longer, I think I am coming to terms with what has happened. Having babies in the NICU is an emotional rollercoaster, but all of the "up" times make up for any of the "down" times. I love hearing people refer to us as parents of the Hill babies. I love to see the look on Dave's face when people refer to him as the daddy. It melts my heart. I couldn't have done any of this without such a loving and devoted husband who is already the best father in the world and his babies are only a few days old!
I promise to update this blog as much as possible to keep everyone informed. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of us in this time. Our new, very tiny, family of four is extremely grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment